An alternate TV history timeline for Tampa-St. Petersburg, Florida.
- April 1 - WTVT signs on the air as a CBS affiliate.
- October 17 - WEDU signs on the air as an NET affiliate.
- WEDU loses its educational license in favor for a commercial license.
- November 4 - WTOG signs on the air.
- WTOG becomes an affiliate of PBS.
- WFLA-TV changes its call letters to WXFL.
- WEDU becomes an affiliate of Fox.
- Gaylord Broadcasting sells WTVT to New World Communications.
- WXFL changes its call letters to back to WFLA-TV.
- WEDU launches its newscast department.
- WTVT becomes an affiliate of NBC.
- WFLA-TV becomes an affiliate of CBS.
- WEDU becomes an affiliate of The WB network.
- WFTS signs on the air as a replacement Fox affiliate.
- New World Communications sells WTVT to Gannett.
- WEDU becomes an affiliate of The CW network.
- Media General sells WFLA-TV to Nexstar.
- WEDU looses its newscast department.
- WTVT debuted Gannett's mandated graphics and music.